Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Uggggg kids on Vacation what to do.......

     I have to admit when it comes to my budget my kids are my down fall. I will happily buy a ton of things for them and take them to a million places. But I have not purchased a back up pair of eye glasses for my self in 3 years. Now mind you I am already weak when it comes to them but throw in 10 days of no school and RAIN!!!!! Now what am I going to do? Get down and dirty with Google that's what. We all have a ton of resources at our disposal that we don't know about or think of. How many times have you saw something and thought "hmmm I want to do that some time "? For me too many times. So I am going to start a page in my Household Binder under "fun things to do".

Here are a few things I have found so far with the way I plan to have them organized.

Toy Library                      Activities and toys for kids to play with and check out     M/T      Free
Library                             Books and story times                                                        M-F      Free
Fire fighters Museum       Antiques and current fire fighting history                        Th-Sat    Free
Duck pond                       Fun feeding the ducks and picnic                                     Always     Free
Nature trail                       great trail to walk about and check out nature on river    Always   Free
West Wood hills               Hiking and Indian history with adjoined museum          Always     Free
Parque Fantastico             Innovative children's park with learning fixtures               Always   Free
Train town                        Small theme park with rides and a small train too          F-Sun       $20
Train Museum                  Self explanatory                                                               Always     $5
Jelly Belly Factory           Tour of the world renowned Factory                              M-S          Free
Yountville cross roads      Nature area at the creeks before Napa River                   Always    Free



These are a few I found will add more as I find them but so far that is not a bad list of free things to do. You just need to look. I also think looking in to things before the kids start in on the I am board rant makes a huge difference between going to an educational free place or the Life sucking Chucky cheese. LOL


                                            xoxo
                                               La chica Frugal

    

No comments:

Post a Comment