Thursday, March 29, 2012

mmmm garden veggie soup

     Hello again. Today my weather is a bit cloudy but not going to rain. Whooo hoo. Well yesterday I took he kids to the nature trail and then to the park. We ate our picnic lunch in the back of the car at the duck pond. Darn geese attack you for food if they can reach you so I just opened the back of the Xterra and laid out the blanket there and we ate. Baby loved looking at the animals through the window from the safety of the car LOL.

    I think today I am going to do something similar. Right now I am making up some garden veggie soup. I have all the ingredients and it is low calorie since I am trying to loose weight. Were I live we have a chain of stores called Fresh and Easy. If you have one near by I recommend going there. With the card you get points for your purchases you cash in for cash to spend at the store. And the biggest reason I love them in not only are they priced well BUT they are big about clearance. They have a dedicated section for both fresh and dry goods. I go their first thing in the morning and head straight for the clearance were I get meat and produce marked down. For example I purchased 2 whole chicken at 1.95 a piece. And each one provides us 2 meals a piece. that feeds a family of 4 for $1 a day. Can't beat that.

     The veggies I am using also come from Fresh and Easy. The recipe comes from sparkrecipes.com. under WW garden vegetable soup. I got green beans for .63 a pack. And cabbage for .33 and carrots for .58 a sack and canned tomatoes for .50. All the other ingredients I already had. SO this soup is only costing me about 1.50 to make and it will feed my children and I lunch for 2-3 days. Oh I love saving money LOL.


                                                   xoxo
                                                    La Chica Frugal  

No comments:

Post a Comment